Here you are throwing a dinner at your place and inviting some people over. You’re checking some appetizer recipes online and doing your best to impress. Crackers? nuts? vegetables? dips? Lots of available options out there, so what do you think is best to serve?
Everyone has a love-hate relationship with the appetizers on the table, especially the fatty and greasy ones. So how about some healthy bites that will please most? Check out our mini hummus and labneh bites that will leave your guest drooling!!
Preparation Time: 15 min
Yield: 1 Bite
Calories (Per Hummus Bite): 60 (1.5 g Protein: – Carbs: 7 g – Fat: 3 g)
Calories (Per Labneh Bite): 55 (1 g Protein: – Carbs: 4 g – Fat: 4 g)
- Vol au Vent, defrosted
- Cucumber, diced
- Red Pepper, diced
- Parsley (Garnish)
- Zaatar & Paprika (Garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees, and place the frozen vol-au-vent onto a baking tray at least 3cm apart.
- Place the tray in the oven for around 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the cucumber and red pepper into small cubes.
- Remove the vol-au-vent from the oven, and fill each one with 2 teaspoon of either hummus or labneh.
- For hummus bites, add the diced cucumber and red pepper on top, sprinkle some paprika and garnish with parsley.
- For labneh bites, add the diced cucumber, sprinkle some zaatar on top, and garnish with parsley.